Levitating Hoverkraft Game
Levitating Hoverkraft Game is an old-school building game with a twist. Players take turns stacking pieces on a platform… that levitates. Using magnetic repulsion, we’ve built a gameboard that defies gravity (take that, weak force!). Stack translucent game pieces higher and higher or remove them as the die dictates.
Hoverkraft is intended for two players, but it’s fun to challenge yourself to build bigger and better structures. And it’s a fast game, lasting anywhere from 30 seconds (what? we were distracted) to 5 minutes. Bring it to a party and you can have an entire tournament in a few hours. Your friends may curse you for introducing them to Hoverkraft at first, but they’ll be drawn back to it. There’s something addictive about it.
You won’t be surprised to hear we love new games around here. At our holiday party, one room was dedicated to nothing but new board games. So when we realized we could create our own board game, well… that’s a temptation we just could not resist.
- Futuristic building & balancing game
- A ThinkGeek creation and exclusive!
- For 1 to 8 players
- Ages 8+
- Play time: 5 minutes
- Use blocks to build structures on the floating platform
- Platform is suspended using magnetic repulsion, creating levitation effect
- Last player to place a block without causing the platform to tumble (or pieces to fall off it) wins
- 24 translucent plastic blocks:
- 6 pyramids
- 6 corners (tetracubes)
- 6 L-shapes (tetracubes)
- 6 straight pieces (tetracubes)
- Materials: Plastic, wires, 5 rare-earth magnets, and science
- Dimensions: Base is 6″ square, platform is just over 3″ square
- Includes playing board with magnetic floating platform, 24 plastic blocks, game-specific 6-sided die, and block storage tray
- Initial Set-Up: Before you play, rotate calibration wheel all the way counter-clockwise, tilt board so platform hangs vertical, and then slowly lower back down into starting position.